Sales of pre-owned business jets “showed a slow start” during the first seven months of this year, according to the latest data from business aviation market information firm JetNet. That said, the inventory of used business jets continues its downward march, settling at 13.1 percent of the in-service fleet at the end of July–a 0.4-point decrease from a year ago. Sales transactions, however, are down 6.4 percent year-over-year, while the average time on the market climbed by 36 days, to 411. Defying these two negatives, the asking prices for pre-owned business jets surged by 11 percent, to $4.952 million, marking the third consecutive month this year with an increase in the year-to-date average asking price. Meanwhile, the pre-owned turboprop inventory remains low at 7.7 percent, down from 8.9 percent in the same period a year ago. Despite this “seller’s market,” business turboprop sale transactions fell 6.2 percent in July, while average asking prices dived by 27.8 percent, to $1.375 million. Paradoxically, the average number of days on the market for used turboprops dropped by 34, to 313 days.
Pre-Owned Jet Sales Off To Slow Start in 2013September 7th, 2013 JetOptions
Comments are closed.
About JetOptions Private JetsJetOptions charters private aircraft. Book private jet charters, corporate jet charters, business jet charters. JetOptions can charter most private aircraft anywhere in the world, 24/7, often in 2 hours or less, while providing exceptional value, and an impeccable client experience. JetOptions charters piston aircraft, turboprop aircraft, very light jets, light jets, midsize jets, super mid jets, heavy jets, ultra long range jets, airliners, VIP airliners and helicopters. Charter aircraft are the highest rated in safety through the outside independent rating agencies of Wyvern and ARG/US. Learn more about JetOptions Private Jets.
- Bombardier Global to Receive Satcom Direct Routers, Pilatus Announces Partnership and MORE August 29, 2014
- Honeywell propels Embraer Legacy 500 into service, latest cover of Aviation Week Space Technology August 28, 2014
- Business Aviation’s Second Quarter Comeback, Cessna’s CitationAir to cease operations, Gulfstream flight controls + MORE Aug 27th August 27, 2014
- Analysts say Learjet 85 Likely To Suffer More Delays August 25, 2014
- The Most Popular Business Jets and Business Aviation Tweets August 23, 2014
- 10 more stylish private jets, Embraer forecast, DC Aviation 15-year anniversary, GAMA shipments and MORE August 22, 2014
- Pro Line Fusion Certified on Legacy 500, Wichita Not The Next Detroit, Pilatus PC-12 High-Def EVS August 21, 2014
- Gulfstream G100 first flight anniversary, NBAA scholarship applications, New Ritz-Carlton App, Etihad VIP airliner August 20, 2014
- JetOptions to Attend NBAA 2014 business aviation conference, Textron Aviation Extends ProAdvantage Support Program to King Airs, European Business Aviation Flying Undermined by Ukraine Crisis and MORE August 19, 2014
- Argentina and Brazil certificate Citation M2, European Business Aviation down, Aerocardal FBO August 18, 2014