Sales of pre-owned business jets “showed a slow start” during the first seven months of this year, according to the latest data from business aviation market information firm JetNet. That said, the inventory of used business jets continues its downward march, settling at 13.1 percent of the in-service fleet at the end of July–a 0.4-point decrease from a year ago. Sales transactions, however, are down 6.4 percent year-over-year, while the average time on the market climbed by 36 days, to 411. Defying these two negatives, the asking prices for pre-owned business jets surged by 11 percent, to $4.952 million, marking the third consecutive month this year with an increase in the year-to-date average asking price. Meanwhile, the pre-owned turboprop inventory remains low at 7.7 percent, down from 8.9 percent in the same period a year ago. Despite this “seller’s market,” business turboprop sale transactions fell 6.2 percent in July, while average asking prices dived by 27.8 percent, to $1.375 million. Paradoxically, the average number of days on the market for used turboprops dropped by 34, to 313 days.
Pre-Owned Jet Sales Off To Slow Start in 2013
Comments are closed.
About JetOptionsJetOptions Private Jets is a leading provider of on-demand private jet charter services worldwide. Unique to the private aircraft charter industry, JetOptions can provide almost any private aircraft 24/7 in 2 hours or less while providing exceptional value, and an impeccable client experience. Learn more about JetOptions Jet Charter.
- Embraer Posts Strong 1st Quarter, China’s Bizav Market, More BBJ’s heading to China + MORE Apr 19th April 19, 2014
- Gulfstream G280 Arrived At ABACE With New City-Pair Records April 18, 2014
- Dassault Aviation rolls out 250th Falcon 7X April 17, 2014
- Beechcraft signs order for King Air C90GTx at ABACE April 16, 2014
- Cessna Citation XLS+ receives CAAC certification for deliveries in China April 15, 2014
- Another Travel Nightmare: Passengers Stuck on Plane for 34 Hours April 14, 2014
- Cessna Anticipates Strong European Demand, Proposed Ban On In-Flight Calls Not to Apply to Bizav Apr 13th April 13, 2014
- Airbus ACJ319 is exhibited at ABACE, Phenom 100: Buyer’s and Investor’s Guide + MORE Apr 12th April 12, 2014
- China looking to become a key player in general aviation, Business Aviation Flight Activity in Europe Rebounds April 11, 2014
- Bombardier’s Learjet 85 Aircraft Takes Flight April 10, 2014