Sales of pre-owned business jets “showed a slow start” during the first seven months of this year, according to the latest data from business aviation market information firm JetNet. That said, the inventory of used business jets continues its downward march, settling at 13.1 percent of the in-service fleet at the end of July–a 0.4-point decrease from a year ago. Sales transactions, however, are down 6.4 percent year-over-year, while the average time on the market climbed by 36 days, to 411. Defying these two negatives, the asking prices for pre-owned business jets surged by 11 percent, to $4.952 million, marking the third consecutive month this year with an increase in the year-to-date average asking price. Meanwhile, the pre-owned turboprop inventory remains low at 7.7 percent, down from 8.9 percent in the same period a year ago. Despite this “seller’s market,” business turboprop sale transactions fell 6.2 percent in July, while average asking prices dived by 27.8 percent, to $1.375 million. Paradoxically, the average number of days on the market for used turboprops dropped by 34, to 313 days.
Pre-Owned Jet Sales Off To Slow Start in 2013September 7th, 2013 JetOptions
Comments are closed.
About JetOptions Private JetsJetOptions charters private aircraft. Book private jet charters, corporate jet charters, business jet charters. JetOptions can charter most private aircraft anywhere in the world, 24/7, often in 2 hours or less, while providing exceptional value, and an impeccable client experience. JetOptions charters piston aircraft, turboprop aircraft, very light jets, light jets, midsize jets, super mid jets, heavy jets, ultra long range jets, airliners, VIP airliners and helicopters. Charter aircraft are the highest rated in safety through the outside independent rating agencies of Wyvern and ARG/US. Learn more about JetOptions Private Jets.
- Learjet 70 and 75 Get EASA Certification, Brazilian Air Force Buys 6 Embraer Legacy 500s, Bombardier Global 7000 + More BizAv September 18, 2014
- Challenger 350 readied for European demonstration tour, Marshall Aerospace to Provide FANS Upgrade for Bombardier Challenger 604, FAA news September 17, 2014
- Gulfstream Plans New $33 Million Aircraft Paint Facility, Business Aircraft Flying Continues Ascent in August + MORE BizAv news September 16, 2014
- Nike designs private jet for NBA teams, US flight activity grows for ninth month running + MORE September 15, 2014
- Cessna’s CJ3+ Receives FAA Certification, Avionics Market Report Shows Business Jet and General Aviation Markets Increase Demand September 10, 2014
- Superjet International Sees Market for 100 Sukhoi Business Jets, Vnukovo Busiest Business Aviation Airport in Europe and More September 9, 2014
- Dassault Falcon Jet Breaks Ground on Little Rock Expansion on 5X and 8X completions facility and more September 8, 2014
- Bombardier Challenger 350 Jet Receives EASA Certification, Russian Business Aviation Market + MORE September 5, 2014
- Approval Imminent for Embraer Legacy 450/500 U.S. Plant and more BizAv news September 4, 2014
- GE delays Passport engine flight test for Bombardier, Online Ground School for Gulfstream G550 Recurrent Course and MORE September 3, 2014