Sales of pre-owned business jets “showed a slow start” during the first seven months of this year, according to the latest data from business aviation market information firm JetNet. That said, the inventory of used business jets continues its downward march, settling at 13.1 percent of the in-service fleet at the end of July–a 0.4-point decrease from a year ago. Sales transactions, however, are down 6.4 percent year-over-year, while the average time on the market climbed by 36 days, to 411. Defying these two negatives, the asking prices for pre-owned business jets surged by 11 percent, to $4.952 million, marking the third consecutive month this year with an increase in the year-to-date average asking price. Meanwhile, the pre-owned turboprop inventory remains low at 7.7 percent, down from 8.9 percent in the same period a year ago. Despite this “seller’s market,” business turboprop sale transactions fell 6.2 percent in July, while average asking prices dived by 27.8 percent, to $1.375 million. Paradoxically, the average number of days on the market for used turboprops dropped by 34, to 313 days.
Pre-Owned Jet Sales Off To Slow Start in 2013September 7th, 2013 JetOptions
Comments are closed.
About JetOptions Private JetsJetOptions charters private jets. Book private jet charter, corporate jet charter, business jet charter. JetOptions charters private aircraft anywhere in the world, 24/7, often in 2 hours or less, while providing exceptional value, and an impeccable client experience. JetOptions charters piston aircraft, turboprop aircraft, very light jets, light jets, midsize jets, super mid jets, heavy jets, ultra long range jets, airliners, VIP airliners and helicopters. Our charter aircraft are the highest rated in safety through the outside independent rating agencies of Wyvern and ARG/US. Learn more about JetOptions Private Jets.
- Embraer Legacy 500 receives EASA certification, Top 10 last-minute aviation Christmas gifts, North American Flight Activity Sees 13-Month Growth December 19, 2014
- Dassault Falcon 8X Unveiled, Daher-Socata delivered the 700th TBM, Pro Line 21 Upgrade on Falcon 2000 December 18, 2014
- Learjet 70 and 75 Receive Type Certification, Accelerated Depreciation on Aircraft, Senator Calls for Investigation of Airline Prices December 17, 2014
- Light Jets Gather Momentum, Gulf VIP airlines, Looking to Bridge Gap in Private Aviation December 16, 2014
- CitationAir Surrenders Certificate, Business Aviation and Climate Change, Lufthansa Will Soon Allow its Passengers to Travel With Falcons December 15, 2014
- Bombardier Delivers Challenger 605, Boutsen Design wins G650 contract, First Ever Falcon 7X C-Check December 13, 2014
- MEBA: Gama Aviation and Hangar8 Merge, Emirates considers expanding Executive offering, Gulfstream G280 and G650 Wing Works December 12, 2014
- EASA Certifies Piaggio Avanti EVO, Bombardier Welcomes New Authorized Service Facility In Saudi Arabia December 11, 2014
- MEBA: Dassault showcases 5X mock-up, Embraer displays business jet trio: Phenom 300, the Legacy 650 and the Lineage 1000E December 10, 2014
- Ask the Captain: Is a Gulfstream smoother than a big jet? This Epic Private Jet Tour Does New Year’s Eve Twice In 24 Hours December 9, 2014