Sales of pre-owned business jets “showed a slow start” during the first seven months of this year, according to the latest data from business aviation market information firm JetNet. That said, the inventory of used business jets continues its downward march, settling at 13.1 percent of the in-service fleet at the end of July–a 0.4-point decrease from a year ago. Sales transactions, however, are down 6.4 percent year-over-year, while the average time on the market climbed by 36 days, to 411. Defying these two negatives, the asking prices for pre-owned business jets surged by 11 percent, to $4.952 million, marking the third consecutive month this year with an increase in the year-to-date average asking price. Meanwhile, the pre-owned turboprop inventory remains low at 7.7 percent, down from 8.9 percent in the same period a year ago. Despite this “seller’s market,” business turboprop sale transactions fell 6.2 percent in July, while average asking prices dived by 27.8 percent, to $1.375 million. Paradoxically, the average number of days on the market for used turboprops dropped by 34, to 313 days.
Pre-Owned Jet Sales Off To Slow Start in 2013September 7th, 2013 JetOptions
Comments are closed.
About JetOptions Private Jets News
This section contains aviation, air charter, and private jet news. Some information is written by us and other information comes from numerous sources that we have selected because we believe it will interest you. Let us know if you have any business aviation or travel related information that you would like to see here. JetOptions charters private jets. Book private jet charter, corporate jet charter, business jet charter. JetOptions charters private aircraft anywhere in the world, 24/7, often in 2 hours or less, while providing exceptional value, and an impeccable client experience. JetOptions charters piston aircraft, turboprop aircraft, very light jets, light jets, midsize jets, super mid jets, heavy jets, ultra long range jets, airliners, VIP airliners and helicopters. Our charter aircraft are the highest rated in safety through the outside independent rating agencies of Wyvern and ARG/US. Learn more about JetOptions Private Jets.
- Hawaii Private Jet Charter Through JetOptions – Charter Private Jet to/from the Hawaiian Islands August 28, 2015
- Private Jet Travel Not Just For CEOs, Perks of Private Jet Travel, Dassault Falcon 5X, BizAv Outlook August 27, 2015
- Labor Day Is Just Around The Corner! Book Your Private Jet Charter Getaway Today August 26, 2015
- JetOptions Showcases Selected Private Aircraft for Sale August 25th 2015 August 25, 2015
- Five Questions to Ask Before Booking Your Private Jet Trip August 24, 2015
- American Airlines, Cuba Travel Services Announce New Charter Service Between Los Angeles And Havana + MORE Aug 21st August 22, 2015
- Flexjet Accelerates Deliveries Of Gulfstream G450s, Gulfstream G280 Ailerons, Caravan Garmin Upgrade, Nextant Aerospace August 21, 2015
- JetOptions Showcases Selected Private Aircraft for Sale August 19th 2015 August 19, 2015
- JetOptions has registered and will be attending NBAA 2015 in Las Vegas. See you there! August 18, 2015
- Business Aviation Up In Q2, HondaJet Certification, Aerion Latin America Sales, Gulfstream G500, Legacy 450 August 17, 2015