Sales of pre-owned business jets “showed a slow start” during the first seven months of this year, according to the latest data from business aviation market information firm JetNet. That said, the inventory of used business jets continues its downward march, settling at 13.1 percent of the in-service fleet at the end of July–a 0.4-point decrease from a year ago. Sales transactions, however, are down 6.4 percent year-over-year, while the average time on the market climbed by 36 days, to 411. Defying these two negatives, the asking prices for pre-owned business jets surged by 11 percent, to $4.952 million, marking the third consecutive month this year with an increase in the year-to-date average asking price. Meanwhile, the pre-owned turboprop inventory remains low at 7.7 percent, down from 8.9 percent in the same period a year ago. Despite this “seller’s market,” business turboprop sale transactions fell 6.2 percent in July, while average asking prices dived by 27.8 percent, to $1.375 million. Paradoxically, the average number of days on the market for used turboprops dropped by 34, to 313 days.
Pre-Owned Jet Sales Off To Slow Start in 2013September 7th, 2013 JetOptions
Comments are closed.
About JetOptions Private Jets News
This section contains aviation, air charter, and private jet news. Some information is written by us and other information comes from numerous sources that we have selected because we believe it will interest you. Let us know if you have any business aviation or travel related information that you would like to see here. JetOptions charters private jets. Book private jet charter, corporate jet charter, business jet charter. JetOptions charters private aircraft anywhere in the world, 24/7, often in 2 hours or less, while providing exceptional value, and an impeccable client experience. JetOptions charters piston aircraft, turboprop aircraft, very light jets, light jets, midsize jets, super mid jets, heavy jets, ultra long range jets, airliners, VIP airliners and helicopters. Our charter aircraft are the highest rated in safety through the outside independent rating agencies of Wyvern and ARG/US. Learn more about JetOptions Private Jets.
- Private Jets for Sale: 2002 Falcon 50EX, 2010 Phenom 100, 2006 Challenger 300, 2014 Global 6000, 2002 Gulfstream V May 4, 2016
- Private jet charter to Cannes Film Festival, Kentucky Derby and Mother’s Day 2016 April 27, 2016
- Business Jets for Sale: 1982 Falcon 50, 2012 Challenger 605, 2008 Citation Sovereign, 2008 Global XRS, 1998 Astra SPX April 26, 2016
- Private Jet Charter, Business Jet Charter, Executive Jet Charter, Corporate Jet Charter, and Private Aircraft Charter explained April 20, 2016
- Select Business Jets for Sale: 2006 Gulfstream G200, 2006 Global 5000, 2009 Citation Mustang, 2009 Citation XLS+, 2011 Global 5000 April 19, 2016
- Select Private Jets for Sale: 2003 Falcon 2000, 2003 Global Express, 2009 Citation CJ3, 2007 Legacy 600, 1992 Challenger 601-3A/ER April 12, 2016
- Select Private Jets for Sale: 2000 Gulfstream G200, 2014 Legacy 650, 2000 Global Express, 2012 Premier 1A, 1976 Learjet 35 April 6, 2016
- Falcon 5X Engine, Gulfstream FANS Solution, Falcon 8X Certification, Bombardier Global WAVE April 4, 2016
- Select Private Jets for Sale: 2008 Gulfstream G200, 2015 Gulfstream G650, 1996 Learjet 60, 2004 Challenger 604, 2013 Gulfstream G550 March 29, 2016
- Featured Private Jets for Sale: 2011 Gulfstream G450, 2012 Challenger 605, 2008 Citation Mustang, 1990 Gulfstream IV, 2005 Gulfstream G550 March 23, 2016