Sales of pre-owned business jets “showed a slow start” during the first seven months of this year, according to the latest data from business aviation market information firm JetNet. That said, the inventory of used business jets continues its downward march, settling at 13.1 percent of the in-service fleet at the end of July–a 0.4-point decrease from a year ago. Sales transactions, however, are down 6.4 percent year-over-year, while the average time on the market climbed by 36 days, to 411. Defying these two negatives, the asking prices for pre-owned business jets surged by 11 percent, to $4.952 million, marking the third consecutive month this year with an increase in the year-to-date average asking price. Meanwhile, the pre-owned turboprop inventory remains low at 7.7 percent, down from 8.9 percent in the same period a year ago. Despite this “seller’s market,” business turboprop sale transactions fell 6.2 percent in July, while average asking prices dived by 27.8 percent, to $1.375 million. Paradoxically, the average number of days on the market for used turboprops dropped by 34, to 313 days.
Pre-Owned Jet Sales Off To Slow Start in 2013September 7th, 2013 JetOptions
Comments are closed.
About JetOptions Private JetsJetOptions charters private aircraft. Book private jet charters, corporate jet charters, business jet charters. JetOptions can charter most private aircraft anywhere in the world, 24/7, often in 2 hours or less, while providing exceptional value, and an impeccable client experience. JetOptions charters piston aircraft, turboprop aircraft, very light jets, light jets, midsize jets, super mid jets, heavy jets, ultra long range jets, airliners, VIP airliners and helicopters. Charter aircraft are the highest rated in safety through the outside independent rating agencies of Wyvern and ARG/US. Learn more about JetOptions Private Jets.
- Latin America Business Aviation Booms, Tulsa sale will continue despite labour setback: Spirit October 1, 2014
- Flying Classroom Departs For Global Education Tour, Business Aviation Group Fights ‘Targeted’ Increases In UK Pax Tax September 30, 2014
- Private Jet Sales Flying High Again, $320 million Business Jet Order September 26, 2014
- Garmin completes 1st flight featuring G5000 Integrated Flight Deck, Business Aircraft for Humanitarian Purposes, Nextant in New Zealand September 25, 2014
- First Embraer Legacy 500 is expected to be delivered to a customer in Brazil on Thursday September 24, 2014
- Airbus and Aerion Collaborate to Develop Supersonic Business Jet, Europe 1st Piaggio Avanti fractional program, Falcon 7X High Altitiude Airport OK September 23, 2014
- JetOptions Attends NBAA Dallas Regional Forum Highlighting Importance of Business Aviation to Economy September 22, 2014
- Bombardier to be the 1st business aviation manufacturer to equip high speed JetWave, Ibiza by Private Jet September 20, 2014
- Citation XLS+ headlined Cessna exhibit at China business aviation show + More BizAv news September 19, 2014
- Learjet 70 and 75 Get EASA Certification, Brazilian Air Force Buys 6 Embraer Legacy 500s, Bombardier Global 7000 + More BizAv September 18, 2014