Sales of pre-owned business jets “showed a slow start” during the first seven months of this year, according to the latest data from business aviation market information firm JetNet. That said, the inventory of used business jets continues its downward march, settling at 13.1 percent of the in-service fleet at the end of July–a 0.4-point decrease from a year ago. Sales transactions, however, are down 6.4 percent year-over-year, while the average time on the market climbed by 36 days, to 411. Defying these two negatives, the asking prices for pre-owned business jets surged by 11 percent, to $4.952 million, marking the third consecutive month this year with an increase in the year-to-date average asking price. Meanwhile, the pre-owned turboprop inventory remains low at 7.7 percent, down from 8.9 percent in the same period a year ago. Despite this “seller’s market,” business turboprop sale transactions fell 6.2 percent in July, while average asking prices dived by 27.8 percent, to $1.375 million. Paradoxically, the average number of days on the market for used turboprops dropped by 34, to 313 days.
Pre-Owned Jet Sales Off To Slow Start in 2013September 7th, 2013 JetOptions
Comments are closed.
About JetOptions Private Jets News
This section contains aviation, air charter, and private jet news. Some information is written by us and other information comes from numerous sources that we have selected because we believe it will interest you. Let us know if you have any business aviation or travel related information that you would like to see here. JetOptions charters private jets. Book private jet charter, corporate jet charter, business jet charter. JetOptions charters private aircraft anywhere in the world, 24/7, often in 2 hours or less, while providing exceptional value, and an impeccable client experience. JetOptions charters piston aircraft, turboprop aircraft, very light jets, light jets, midsize jets, super mid jets, heavy jets, ultra long range jets, airliners, VIP airliners and helicopters. Our charter aircraft are the highest rated in safety through the outside independent rating agencies of Wyvern and ARG/US. Learn more about JetOptions Private Jets.
- Top Business Aircraft Manufacturers and Their Production Models March 4, 2015
- Private Jet Connectivity, Business Jet Deliveries, Last Week Weather Flight Cancellations, Baltic Sea Super Yacht Charter March 2, 2015
- The Top Ten 10 List of Long Range Business Jets, Is HondaJet Worth the Wait? February 26, 2015
- Gulfstream G650ER Farthest Flight and New City Pair Record, Dassault Military Expertise Helps Business Aircraft Development, Top Ten Long Range Business Jets February 24, 2015
- GAMA Releases 2014 Business Aviation Year-End Shipment and Billings Numbers, Business Aviation Picks Up In 2014, Only VVIP A380 Order Cancelled February 20, 2015
- Private Jet Destinations – Best Hotels in the US: Washington DC February 16, 2015
- 2015 Corporate Jet Investor Awards, Jet Aviation Basel delivers Boeing BBJ1, Winter storm may ruin Valentines weekend travel plans, Private jet demand increases, but prices fall February 11, 2015
- 2015 Business Aviation Industry Outlook, JetOptions Adds Four More Aircraft to its Network of Jets Available for Charter, NBAA: President’s Budget, 52 Places to Go in 2015 February 4, 2015
- Introducing a first in class program, the JetOptions Travel Experience Series: A yoga retreat set in beautiful Tulum, Mexico February 1, 2015
- Celebrities and Private Jet Travel -in Pictures, NetJets Prevails in IRS Lawsuit, FAA Notam for Super Bowl January 28, 2015