Sales of pre-owned business jets “showed a slow start” during the first seven months of this year, according to the latest data from business aviation market information firm JetNet. That said, the inventory of used business jets continues its downward march, settling at 13.1 percent of the in-service fleet at the end of July–a 0.4-point decrease from a year ago. Sales transactions, however, are down 6.4 percent year-over-year, while the average time on the market climbed by 36 days, to 411. Defying these two negatives, the asking prices for pre-owned business jets surged by 11 percent, to $4.952 million, marking the third consecutive month this year with an increase in the year-to-date average asking price. Meanwhile, the pre-owned turboprop inventory remains low at 7.7 percent, down from 8.9 percent in the same period a year ago. Despite this “seller’s market,” business turboprop sale transactions fell 6.2 percent in July, while average asking prices dived by 27.8 percent, to $1.375 million. Paradoxically, the average number of days on the market for used turboprops dropped by 34, to 313 days.
Pre-Owned Jet Sales Off To Slow Start in 2013September 7th, 2013 JetOptions
Comments are closed.
About JetOptions Private JetsJetOptions charters private aircraft. Book private jet charters, corporate jet charters, business jet charters. JetOptions can charter most private aircraft anywhere in the world, 24/7, often in 2 hours or less, while providing exceptional value, and an impeccable client experience. JetOptions charters piston aircraft, turboprop aircraft, very light jets, light jets, midsize jets, super mid jets, heavy jets, ultra long range jets, airliners, VIP airliners and helicopters. Charter aircraft are the highest rated in safety through the outside independent rating agencies of Wyvern and ARG/US. Learn more about JetOptions Private Jets.
- Honeywell is Bringing Google Glass to Aviation, Sovereign Winglets Near FAA Certification and More Bizav News October 23, 2014
- GE Hondajet launches Cessna jet engine retrofit program, Business Aviation Techs Look to Catch up to Evolving Connectivity Technology + More October 22, 2014
- NBAA 2014 Starts Tomorrow, Tour the Gulfstream G650, Garmin ADS-B Solution for Bizjets October 20, 2014
- Bombardier to send LearJet 85 to NBAA 2014, NBAA tweets October 19, 2014
- Gulfstream G500 vs Dassault Falcon 5X vs Bombardier Global 5000 vs G450, NBAA 2014 + More October 18, 2014
- Bizjet Demand Stabilizes, NBAA/CAN Soiree, Bullish Gulfstream unveils two new business jets October 17, 2014
- Gulfstream G500 and G600, Flattish September vs Jam Packed October for Used Jet Inventories October 16, 2014
- Gulfstream Introduces All New Wide Cabin G500 and G600 and MORE Aviation News October 15, 2014
- Embraer delivers first Legacy 500, Nextant First UK 400XTi, Cessna Citation Latitude October 14, 2014
- Gulfstream G650ER Certified by FAA, Business Aviation Flight Activity and Safety October 13, 2014