Sales of pre-owned business jets “showed a slow start” during the first seven months of this year, according to the latest data from business aviation market information firm JetNet. That said, the inventory of used business jets continues its downward march, settling at 13.1 percent of the in-service fleet at the end of July–a 0.4-point decrease from a year ago. Sales transactions, however, are down 6.4 percent year-over-year, while the average time on the market climbed by 36 days, to 411. Defying these two negatives, the asking prices for pre-owned business jets surged by 11 percent, to $4.952 million, marking the third consecutive month this year with an increase in the year-to-date average asking price. Meanwhile, the pre-owned turboprop inventory remains low at 7.7 percent, down from 8.9 percent in the same period a year ago. Despite this “seller’s market,” business turboprop sale transactions fell 6.2 percent in July, while average asking prices dived by 27.8 percent, to $1.375 million. Paradoxically, the average number of days on the market for used turboprops dropped by 34, to 313 days.
Pre-Owned Jet Sales Off To Slow Start in 2013September 7th, 2013 JetOptions
Comments are closed.
About JetOptions Private Jets News
This section contains aviation, air charter, and private jet news. Some information is written by us and other information comes from numerous sources that we have selected because we believe it will interest you. Let us know if you have any business aviation or travel related information that you would like to see here. JetOptions charters private jets. Book private jet charter, corporate jet charter, business jet charter. JetOptions charters private aircraft anywhere in the world, 24/7, often in 2 hours or less, while providing exceptional value, and an impeccable client experience. JetOptions charters piston aircraft, turboprop aircraft, very light jets, light jets, midsize jets, super mid jets, heavy jets, ultra long range jets, airliners, VIP airliners and helicopters. Our charter aircraft are the highest rated in safety through the outside independent rating agencies of Wyvern and ARG/US. Learn more about JetOptions Private Jets.
- Textron Upbeat About Business Jet Market, Legacy 500 for Jackie Chan, Eclipse SE Jet Announced, Business Jet Cabin Tech 2015 July 29, 2015
- Citation Latitude Transpacific Capability, Embraer Legacy 500 Certified in China, Project Mayfair Private Jet July 27, 2015
- The Case for Flying Private, Bombardier Shares Drop, Private Jet Dining, HondaJet Selling in South America July 23, 2015
- Empty Leg Charter Listings and One Way Charter Rates Availability July 21 2015 July 21, 2015
- Global 7000 and 8000 Program Under Review, Embraer BizJet Deliveries Up, Business Jet Market Uptick July 20, 2015
- No Fatal Business Jets Accidents in First Half of Year, Aerion and Spike Aerospace racing to supersonic business jets, Santa Monica and Manassas Airports July 17, 2015
- Gulfstream G650ER Video, Pension Funds, Oil Prices and Private Jets, Spike Supersonic Jet July 16, 2015
- Rolls Royce Committed to Business Aviation, Head Mounted Displays, Gulfstream New Facility, Textron Focused on Piston July 13, 2015
- Gulfstream Success With Large Business Jets, Airbus E-Fan, Private Jets Sun Valley, Cool Aviation Photos July 10, 2015
- Embraer Delivers Phenom 300, Bombardier Challenger 300 and 350 Certified in Colombia July 9, 2015
August 2015 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31