Sales of pre-owned business jets “showed a slow start” during the first seven months of this year, according to the latest data from business aviation market information firm JetNet. That said, the inventory of used business jets continues its downward march, settling at 13.1 percent of the in-service fleet at the end of July–a 0.4-point decrease from a year ago. Sales transactions, however, are down 6.4 percent year-over-year, while the average time on the market climbed by 36 days, to 411. Defying these two negatives, the asking prices for pre-owned business jets surged by 11 percent, to $4.952 million, marking the third consecutive month this year with an increase in the year-to-date average asking price. Meanwhile, the pre-owned turboprop inventory remains low at 7.7 percent, down from 8.9 percent in the same period a year ago. Despite this “seller’s market,” business turboprop sale transactions fell 6.2 percent in July, while average asking prices dived by 27.8 percent, to $1.375 million. Paradoxically, the average number of days on the market for used turboprops dropped by 34, to 313 days.
Pre-Owned Jet Sales Off To Slow Start in 2013
Comments are closed.
About UsJetOptions Jet Charter is a leading provider of on-demand private jet charter services worldwide. JetOptions Jet Charter is not a direct or indirect air carrier. Instead, we’ve built a unique model which unites the top private jet carriers into a cohesive network, empowering us with on time live access to the finest, most luxurious private jets in less than TWO HOURS. Learn more about JetOptions Jet Charter.
- Learjet 75 Goes on Latin American Demo Tour, Business Aviation Flying Was Up 4 Percent Last Year + MORE Mar 11th
- Beechcraft to Showcase King Air 250, King Air C90GTx and Baron G58 and Service Capabilities at AeroExpo Mexico 2014 March 6th-8th
- Bombardier Introduces Its New Customer Response Team Aircraft, Air Charter Community Will Soon Have Access To ‘Known Crewmember’ Program Mar 6th
- JETS (Biggin Hill) Ltd sells Biggin Hill FBO facility to Signature Flight Support, Biarritz invests over 1 million USD in business terminal upgrades, Best travel loyalty programs + MORE Mar 5th
- Bombardier to Debut Learjet 75, Adds New U.S. Support Team, Supersonic jet start-up makes public splash, but faces early redesign + MORE Mar 4th