Sales of pre-owned business jets “showed a slow start” during the first seven months of this year, according to the latest data from business aviation market information firm JetNet. That said, the inventory of used business jets continues its downward march, settling at 13.1 percent of the in-service fleet at the end of July–a 0.4-point decrease from a year ago. Sales transactions, however, are down 6.4 percent year-over-year, while the average time on the market climbed by 36 days, to 411. Defying these two negatives, the asking prices for pre-owned business jets surged by 11 percent, to $4.952 million, marking the third consecutive month this year with an increase in the year-to-date average asking price. Meanwhile, the pre-owned turboprop inventory remains low at 7.7 percent, down from 8.9 percent in the same period a year ago. Despite this “seller’s market,” business turboprop sale transactions fell 6.2 percent in July, while average asking prices dived by 27.8 percent, to $1.375 million. Paradoxically, the average number of days on the market for used turboprops dropped by 34, to 313 days.
Pre-Owned Jet Sales Off To Slow Start in 2013September 7th, 2013 JetOptions
Comments are closed.
About JetOptions Private Jets News
This section contains aviation, air charter, and private jet news. Some information is written by us and other information comes from numerous sources that we have selected because we believe it will interest you. Let us know if you have any business aviation or travel related information that you would like to see here. JetOptions charters private jets. Book private jet charter, corporate jet charter, business jet charter. JetOptions charters private aircraft anywhere in the world, 24/7, often in 2 hours or less, while providing exceptional value, and an impeccable client experience. JetOptions charters piston aircraft, turboprop aircraft, very light jets, light jets, midsize jets, super mid jets, heavy jets, ultra long range jets, airliners, VIP airliners and helicopters. Our charter aircraft are the highest rated in safety through the outside independent rating agencies of Wyvern and ARG/US. Learn more about JetOptions Private Jets.
- JetOptions Network of Aircraft Available for Charter Increases with Gulfstream G150, Learjet 60, Learjet 75, Hawker 850XP, Hawker 800XP March 27, 2015
- Guide to Cessna Citation Mustang, Wheels Up Member’s Club, Last Learjet 60 Gone From VistaJet, FAA Revokes GlobalJets Certificate March 25, 2015
- Gulfstream G650 Receives Collier Trophy, Nextant Aerospace Wins Award, Gulfstream G280 Brazil Certification and more Business Aviation News March 17, 2015
- JetOptions has added a Challenger 605, a Falcon 900EX Easy II and a Hawker 850XP to its private jet charter network of aircraft available for rental March 11, 2015
- Top Business Aircraft Manufacturers and Their Production Models March 4, 2015
- Private Jet Connectivity, Business Jet Deliveries, Last Week Weather Flight Cancellations, Baltic Sea Super Yacht Charter March 2, 2015
- The Top Ten 10 List of Long Range Business Jets, Is HondaJet Worth the Wait? February 26, 2015
- Gulfstream G650ER Farthest Flight and New City Pair Record, Dassault Military Expertise Helps Business Aircraft Development, Top Ten Long Range Business Jets February 24, 2015
- GAMA Releases 2014 Business Aviation Year-End Shipment and Billings Numbers, Business Aviation Picks Up In 2014, Only VVIP A380 Order Cancelled February 20, 2015
- Private Jet Destinations – Best Hotels in the US: Washington DC February 16, 2015