Sales of pre-owned business jets “showed a slow start” during the first seven months of this year, according to the latest data from business aviation market information firm JetNet. That said, the inventory of used business jets continues its downward march, settling at 13.1 percent of the in-service fleet at the end of July–a 0.4-point decrease from a year ago. Sales transactions, however, are down 6.4 percent year-over-year, while the average time on the market climbed by 36 days, to 411. Defying these two negatives, the asking prices for pre-owned business jets surged by 11 percent, to $4.952 million, marking the third consecutive month this year with an increase in the year-to-date average asking price. Meanwhile, the pre-owned turboprop inventory remains low at 7.7 percent, down from 8.9 percent in the same period a year ago. Despite this “seller’s market,” business turboprop sale transactions fell 6.2 percent in July, while average asking prices dived by 27.8 percent, to $1.375 million. Paradoxically, the average number of days on the market for used turboprops dropped by 34, to 313 days.
Pre-Owned Jet Sales Off To Slow Start in 2013September 7th, 2013 JetOptions
Comments are closed.
About JetOptionsJetOptions Private Jets is a leading provider of on-demand private jet charter services worldwide. Unique to the private aircraft charter industry, JetOptions can provide almost any private aircraft 24/7 in 2 hours or less while providing exceptional value, and an impeccable client experience. Learn more about JetOptions Jet Charter.
- Eclipse Takes Flight, Again, With the Eclipse 550 – JSSI agrees to engine and APU coverage for Challenger 850 fleet July 23, 2014
- Bombardier 20 Year Forecast Projects Strong Business Jet Demand Growth + More July 22, 2014
- Amelia Rose Earhart Completes Round-the-world Flight in Pilatus PC-12 NG July 21, 2014
- Textron Aviation and Special-Mission Market, Business Jet Deliveries and More July 19, 2014
- Cessna Citation X+ Makes First Trans-Atlantic Trip, Textron Aviation delivers full product lineup + MORE Jul 18th July 18, 2014
- Piaggio Aero Lands First Major Contract For Avanti EVO and Delivers First P180 + MORE Jul 17th July 17, 2014
- Challenger 350: Raising the Bar? Farnborough: E2 to be star of Embraer’s show, Cessna Flies Citation X+ July 16, 2014
- Business Jet Deliveries Boosted by Growing North America Demand + MORE Jul 15th July 15, 2014
- World Cup Brings Shakira, Putin, Merkel to Rio as Private Jets Pile Up July 14, 2014
- Charter a Private Jet through JetOptions to Travel to Europe July 12, 2014