Sales of pre-owned business jets “showed a slow start” during the first seven months of this year, according to the latest data from business aviation market information firm JetNet. That said, the inventory of used business jets continues its downward march, settling at 13.1 percent of the in-service fleet at the end of July–a 0.4-point decrease from a year ago. Sales transactions, however, are down 6.4 percent year-over-year, while the average time on the market climbed by 36 days, to 411. Defying these two negatives, the asking prices for pre-owned business jets surged by 11 percent, to $4.952 million, marking the third consecutive month this year with an increase in the year-to-date average asking price. Meanwhile, the pre-owned turboprop inventory remains low at 7.7 percent, down from 8.9 percent in the same period a year ago. Despite this “seller’s market,” business turboprop sale transactions fell 6.2 percent in July, while average asking prices dived by 27.8 percent, to $1.375 million. Paradoxically, the average number of days on the market for used turboprops dropped by 34, to 313 days.
Pre-Owned Jet Sales Off To Slow Start in 2013September 7th, 2013 JetOptions
Comments are closed.
About JetOptions Private JetsJetOptions charters private aircraft. Book private jet charters, corporate jet charters, business jet charters. JetOptions can charter most private aircraft anywhere in the world, 24/7, often in 2 hours or less, while providing exceptional value, and an impeccable client experience. JetOptions charters piston aircraft, turboprop aircraft, very light jets, light jets, midsize jets, super mid jets, heavy jets, ultra long range jets, airliners, VIP airliners and helicopters. Charter aircraft are the highest rated in safety through the outside independent rating agencies of Wyvern and ARG/US. Learn more about JetOptions Private Jets.
- Gulfstream hands over first G650ER, Ebola Crisis Curbs Global Biz Av Growth November 22, 2014
- Dassault set to roll out first Falcon 8X, Dining on a private jet: Is catering an issue? November 21, 2014
- Gulfstream Manufactures 100th G650, Private Aviation Demand Is On The Rise November 20, 2014
- JetOptions Private Jets Seeks Charter Account Executive November 19, 2014
- JetOptions Empty Leg Charter and One Way Charter Availability – November 18, 2014 November 18, 2014
- Gulfstream Begins Delivering G650ER Aircraft to Customers, First Chinese Built Citation XLS+ Delivered November 17, 2014
- Cessna targets Chinese Citation X+ and Sovereign+ certification for early 2015 November 15, 2014
- Airshow China: Textron Aviation in big Zhuhai push, Daher-Socata Hoping To Be Awarded More G500, G600 Work November 14, 2014
- Cessna: Citation X+, Sovereign+ On Track For CAAC Certification, Cessna, CAIGA Joint Venture Begins Citation XLS+ Deliveries November 13, 2014
- Avinode Adds First Challenger 350, Piaggio Opens New Manufacturing Plant in Italy, Global Air Travel Demand Rises November 12, 2014