Sales of pre-owned business jets “showed a slow start” during the first seven months of this year, according to the latest data from business aviation market information firm JetNet. That said, the inventory of used business jets continues its downward march, settling at 13.1 percent of the in-service fleet at the end of July–a 0.4-point decrease from a year ago. Sales transactions, however, are down 6.4 percent year-over-year, while the average time on the market climbed by 36 days, to 411. Defying these two negatives, the asking prices for pre-owned business jets surged by 11 percent, to $4.952 million, marking the third consecutive month this year with an increase in the year-to-date average asking price. Meanwhile, the pre-owned turboprop inventory remains low at 7.7 percent, down from 8.9 percent in the same period a year ago. Despite this “seller’s market,” business turboprop sale transactions fell 6.2 percent in July, while average asking prices dived by 27.8 percent, to $1.375 million. Paradoxically, the average number of days on the market for used turboprops dropped by 34, to 313 days.
Pre-Owned Jet Sales Off To Slow Start in 2013September 7th, 2013 JetOptions
Comments are closed.
Private Jet Charter, Business Aviation Info and News
This section contains private jet charter, business aviation, private air charter, and private jet information and news. Some information is written by us and other information comes from numerous sources that we have selected because we believe it will interest you. Let us know if you have any business aviation, private air charter or private jet related information that you would like to see here. JetOptions charters private jets. Book private jet charter, corporate jet charter, business jet charter. JetOptions charters private aircraft anywhere in the world, 24/7, often in 2 hours or less, while providing exceptional value, and an impeccable client experience. JetOptions charters piston aircraft, turboprop aircraft, very light jets, light jets, midsize jets, super mid jets, heavy jets, ultra long range jets, airliners, VIP airliners and helicopters. Our charter aircraft are the highest rated in safety through the outside independent rating agencies of Wyvern and ARG/US. Learn more about JetOptions Private Jets.
- Featured Private Aircraft for Sale: 1987 Gulfstream GIV, 2011 Challenger 300, 2000 Gulfstream G200, 1979 King Air 200 August 25, 2016
- Select Private Jets for Sale: Gulfstream GIV, Gulfstream G550, Falcon 2000, Falcon 900EX August 15, 2016
- Select Private Jets for Sale: 2007 Citation CJ1+, 2000 Gulfstream IVSP, 2007 Challenger 604, 2014 Phenom 300, 2013 Challenger 300 August 8, 2016
- Featured Private Jets for Sale: Learjet 45, Challenger 300, Phenom 100, Legacy 600, Learjet 45XR July 28, 2016
- Select Private Jets for Sale: Premier 1, Challenger 604, Challenger 300, Citation XLS, Challenger 605 July 21, 2016
- Private Jets for Sale: 2012 Global 5000, 2005 Gulfstream G200, 1999 Citation Excel, 2011 Learjet 60XR, 2000 Falcon 2000 July 15, 2016
- Featured Private Jets for Sale: Citation V, Learjet 60, Falcon 50, Global XRS, Challenger 604 July 8, 2016
- Featured Private Jets for Sale: 2006 Learjet 45XR, 2005 Gulfstream G200, 2013 Global 6000, 2003 Hawker 800XP June 30, 2016
- Select Private Jets for Sale: Challenger 300, Citation Mustang, Global 5000, Falcon 2000, Citation CJ1 June 22, 2016
- Featured Private Jets for Sale: 2013 Gulfstream G550, 2009 Gulfstream G450, 2013 Citation CJ4, 2010 Gulfstream G200, 2007 Citation CJ3 June 16, 2016